1. Establish a routineIt?s vital if you want to be motivated that you set a routine. Make sure you get up at a decent time and start work by 9am.
2. Have a to-do listStart by writing a small list of work to achieve, lower your expectations and work towards ticking all those goals even if they are small.
3. Talk to someoneIf you have a work buddy you?d usually chew the fat with, why change that? Give them a call, maybe first thing ? it could help you both realise you aren?t alone.
4. Eat and drink wellMake sure you eat properly and stay hydrated throughout the day.
5. Get some fresh airAt lunchtime take your walk or sit outside, put your phone down, look around and enjoy the peace and quiet.
6. Finish at 5pmDon?t be tempted to work into the evening, try and finish up around the same time as you would normally.
7. Put the phone downAfter ?work? is over, try to forget about it. Enjoy time with a partner or family.
8. Avoid the temptation of ‘wine o?clock’It?s tempting to hit the wine each night, we?re under stress. But if you didn?t booze like this before, it’s time to reduce the alcohol intake.
9. Sleep wellHave a decent bedtime and try and get 8 hours of solid sleep if possible.
10. Plan for the other sideThis will end, and when it does you need to be in the best shape possible to seize any opportunities. Get planning!
Sign up to our newsletter to get the latest from Business Advice.