The energy drinks brand plans to give a platform and mentorship to the enterprising social innovators from diverse backgrounds, as it wants to help young people who have ideas to make a difference to their communities, at a local level and beyond.
Up to 90 talented young social entrepreneurs will be selected to be mentored and developed by some of the brightest thought leaders and visionaries across all sectors of business and creative industries.
There will be over three weekend bootcamps in Glasgow (October 20/21), Bradford (October 27/28) and London (November 3/4).
Amaphiko, which is Zulu for “wings”, first launched in South Africa in 2014. It has already supported over 120 social ventures through events and academies.
The bootcamps will help connect young innovators with established social entrepreneurs who can help turn their ideas into a viable and sustainable social enterprise model.
From hard skills such as registering a business, putting together a business plan and fundraising, there will also be workshops on storytelling, lessons on how to build a brand, engage with audiences and manage digital and social content.
The participants will be up-skilled in personal development, from how to manage themselves on the entrepreneurship journey, to managing their project’s success.
There will also be innovators and specialists on hand such as Unltd, to deliver some of the practical learning modules on pathways to receiving funding and the legal knowledge needed.
Red Bull Amaphiko mentors include:
- Bisi Akins, TV presenter and founder of the Young Gifted Initiative.
- Sade Brown founder of Sour Lemons, a leadership development organisation increasing diversity and social mobility in the creative industries.
- Georgia Dodsworth, creative producer, writer and founder of World of Self-Care, a health and wellbeing platform.
- Kamran Rashid, director of The Socially Conscious Company, a project management social enterprise.
- David McBeth, co-founder of The Glasgow Collective, a coworking destination and UnLtd, The Foundation for Social Entrepreneurs offering legal structures and pathways to funding for social innovators.
Applications are now open for Amaphiko Connect at RedBull.co.uk/AmaphikoConnect. The deadline for applications is September 16.
Sign up to our newsletter to get the latest from Business Advice.