Picking your poison: Pinterest or Instagram which social media channel is for you?
Social media can improve and enhance your brand’s online reputation in a drastic way if utilised efficiently. It can also be a confusing conceptfor businesses and success can be hard to measure in terms of ROI. When it comes to “getting it right” there are many ways harmonising a company’s social media accounts can reap rewards though.
Social media channels do have the perception that they are untrustworthy especially when it comes to ads on Facebook and Twitter. The “sponsored” text below the ad is sometimes an automatic turn off if the audience has not been targeted properly. However gaining customers? trust using social media can enhance your brand reputation.
One important rule of business is to follow your audience and appear where your audience is found, both online and offline.
Social media channels for businesses can include:
30 million businesses now have a Facebook fan page
(1) Tailor. Social media channels are all different and aimed at different audiences content suitable for Twitter may not necessarily engage your LinkedIn audience.
(2) Do be personal, give a personality to your brand and enhance communication. No one likes to see the same message posted to someone else, tailor it by using a name. Do not however treat it like you would a personal account, relevancy is key.
(3) Respond to both positive and negative posts. When communicated to effectively angry customers could be persuaded to return and with it being common knowledge that retaining is cheaper and easier than acquiring this is invaluable to a brand.
(4) Engage with audiences by running competitions, using third party tools such as Woobox. This can be a great way to increase likes and improve brand awareness.
(5) Learn from competitor’s successes and mistakes to constantly improve your own approach.
Becky Campbell is the founder and managing director of digital marketing agency Reflect Digital which she set up from her flat aged just 24. Four years later, the agency now delivers market-leading solutions and campaigns covering everything from web design to e-commerce, to a range of clients such as Premier League football clubs.