- Lack of experience/knowledge within the business 64 per cent
- No time at present to dedicate any more time to marketing efforts 57 per cent
- don’t feel it will be as beneficial to the business as other elements at this point 41 per cent
- Waiting for more budget to implement marketing activity 36 per cent
- Previous marketing efforts werent effective, so we took a step back 17 per cent
Business development Carly Hacon · 27 March 2018
Five reasons startup owners are hiding from their marketing responsibilities
The average UK startup owner spends just six hours a month on their marketing efforts, research has revealed. A recent study, by advertising network Affilinet UK polled 1, 838 time-strapped individuals who had founded a company within the last three years. When asked why they had not dedicated more time to their marketing strategy, the top answer was having a lack of knowledge and experience within their business. Following this, other reasons were not having any spare time, the belief that it is not beneficial for their business and failing at previous marketing attempts.
ABOUT THE EXPERTCarly Hacon
Carly Hacon is a reporter for Business Advice. She has a BA in journalism from Kingston University, and has previously worked as a features editor for a local newspaper.